The Nepalese government has relaxed the rule of quarantine for fully vaccinated tourists entering Nepal. The cabinet decision officially corresponded to all the tourism sectors this morning, 24 September 2021.
Fully vaccinated travelers are now exempt from quarantine provision, which means they can start their travel right after their entry.
Latest travel protocols to be followed while entering Nepal.
1. There is no quarantine rule for fully vaccinated travelers, but they need to make sure that they have received their last dose at least 14 days before they enter Nepal.
2. On arrival visa service has resumed for fully vaccinated travelers. They need to present the following documents at immigration at the airport:
· Vaccination Certificate with proof of 14 days after the last dose
· RT-PCR negative test issued within 72 hours or less before the first flight
· Proof of hotel booking
· Print copy of filled International Online Arrival Form available at CCMC website (https://ccmc.gov.np/arms/person_add_en.php)
3. There is no On-Arrival visa provision for non-vaccinated travelers. They need to have a prior visa from Nepalese Diplomatic Missions in their respective countries.
4. Non-vaccinated travelers need to stay 10 days in quarantine at their own cost in the hotels designated by Nepal Government. https://www.tourismdepartment.gov.np/pages/notices/33/195
5. Upon arrival, non-vaccinated travelers need to present all the documents specified in no. 2 (except vaccination certificate), plus proof of quarantine hotel booking
6. All travelers should have a rapid antigen test while entering Nepal. If found positive, they should be in quarantine at the hospitals or isolation centers designated by Nepal Government.
As per the data, approximately 95% of the Nepalese tourism workers have been fully vaccinated by now (97% in Everest and Mustang region).
International tourists started to arrive for trekking and mountaineering last August 2021.
On- Arrival visa service will definitely encourage many tourists that postponed their trip to Nepal this autumn.